Romano Barbaro, the beauty of Venice to Burano
The Barbaro family has been managed directly this local restaurant for four generations. They started in the late nineteenth century when the Romano’s parents began to conduct a small shop where they sold a bit ‘of everything, like a bazaar, and they cooked for fishermen and islanders . In Burano at that time there weren’t tourists: the lacemakers worked on the doors of their small houses and there was a continuous singing of clogs and in the rooms just female voices that seemed a song of the fountain. It is around 1920 that Romano took over from his father the direction of the shop, transferring twice the seat, and transforming it in a real restaurant, with the help of his wife, Miss Gigia. The transfer to the present building, which was a manufacture of laces, took place in 1947.